- T.J. Zajdel*, G. Shim*, L. Wang, A. Rossello-Martinez, D.J. Cohen, SCHEEPDOG: programming electric cues to dynamically herd large-scale cell migration, Cell Systems, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 506-514, 2020.
- M.H. Heinrich, R. Alert, J.M. LaChance, T.J. Zajdel, A. Košmrlj, D.J. Cohen, Size-dependent patterns of cell proliferation and migration in freely-expanding epithelia, eLife, vol. 9., p. e58945, 2020.
- L. Su*, T. Fukushima*, A. Prior, M. Baruch, T.J. Zajdel, C.M. Ajo-Franklin, Enhancing current production in engineered E. coli by modifying the cytochrome c maturation pathway, ACS Synthetic Biology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 115-124, 2019.
- T.J. Zajdel*, M. Baruch*, G. Mehes*, E. Stavrinidou, M. Berggren, M.M. Maharbiz, D.T. Simon, C.M. Ajo-Franklin, PEDOT:PSS-based multilayer bacterial-composite films for bioelectronics, Scientific Reports, vol. 8, p. 1529314, 2018.
- M.A. TerAvest, T.J. Zajdel, and C.M. Ajo-Franlkin, Mtr pathway of Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 couples substrate utilization to current production in Escherichia coli, ChemElectroChem, vol. 1, no. 11, pp. 1874-1879, 2014.
- M.A. Demir, J.T. Johnson, and T.J. Zajdel, A study of the fourth-order small perturbation method for scattering from two-layer rough surfaces, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience
and Remote Sensing, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 3374-3382, 2012.
- T.J. Zajdel, A. Nam, J. Yuan, V.R. Shirsat, B. Rad, and M.M. Maharbiz, Applying machine learning to the flagellar motor for biosensing,’’ Proceedings of 2018 IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference, July 2018.
- T.J. Zajdel, A.M. Walczak, D. Sengupta, V. Tieu, B. Rad, and M.M. Maharbiz, Towards a biohybrid sensing platform built on impedance-based bacterial flagellar motor tachometry, Proceedings of 2017 IEEE BioCAS Conference, October 2017.
- T.J. Zajdel and M.M. Maharbiz, Teaching design with a tinkering-driven robot hack, Proceedings of 2016 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, October 2016.
- T.J. Zajdel and M.M. Maharbiz, Introducing electronics at scale with a massive online circuits lab, Proceedings of 123rd ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 2016.
—Best ECE Division Paper—
- A.Y. Zhou, T.J. Zajdel, M.A. TerAvest, and M.M. Maharbiz, A miniaturized monitoring system for electrochemical biosensing using Shewanella oneidensis in environmental applications, Proceedings of 2015 Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference, August 2015.
- T.J. Zajdel, M.A. TerAvest, B. Rad, C.M. Ajo-Franklin, and M.M. Maharbiz, Probing the dynamics of the proton-motive force of E. coli, Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE Sensors Conference, November 2014.
- J. LaChance, T.J. Zajdel, M. Schottdorf, J.L. Saunders, S. Dvali, C. Marshall, L. Seirup, D.A. Notterman, D.J. Cohen, PVP1–The People’s Ventilator Project: A fully open, low-cost, pressure-controlled ventilator, medRxiv, 2020.
- T.J. Zajdel, D.J. Cohen, Characterizing electrotaxis for control of cellular migration, American Physical Society March Meeting, March 2019.
- T.J. Zajdel, A.M. Walczak, D. Sengupta, V. Tieu, C.M. Ajo-Franklin, and M.M. Maharbiz, Impedance-Based Electrochemical Readout of Bacterial Flagellar Rotation, Engineering Approaches to Biomolecular Motors: From in vitro to in vivo, June 2016.
—Outstanding Student Poster Award—
Theses and Technical Reports